MAC MACHAN, MD
Full time Sunset Location with 1 day a month in Henderson for surgery only
Dr Machan and his staff are incredible. Went out of his way which saved me time and money. Super friendly and accommodating
Dr Mac Machan is the best MOHS surgeon ever!
Dr. MacMachan has my full confidence. He has performed two skin cancer operations successfully, one of which was major. I have never waited longer than five minutes for my appointments at Vivada Dermatology. I highly recommend Vivida.
Exceptional, caring, friendly staff. Dr. Mahan is incredible…friendly, professional, excellent work and I was blown away to receive a personal follow up phone call later in the eve after the surgery. Wow…really caring about patients is so rare and Vivida is exemplary in this. Will recommend to all I know!
People are normally very apprehensive walking into a doctors office anyway,but the staff puts all that at ease as does the doctor.They explain plainly what is about to happen and explain what to expect after the surgery.My surgery yesterday was followed up by a very surprising call in the afternoon by Dr. Machan himself asking how I was doing.I haven’t seen that happen since the 50’s…..a very pleasant surprise and very welcomed
Office is warm and inviting. Dr. Machan saw me at 2:04 for a 2 pm appointment. Staff was helpful. Best dermatology office in Las Vegas!
ABOUT DR. MACHAN
Dr. Machan has specialized training in Mohs micrographic surgery, facial plastic and reconstructive surgery, and cutaneous oncology. He completed a fellowship in Mohs Surgery and Procedural Dermatology at one of the nation’s most prestigious fellowships certified by both the American College of Mohs Surgery (ACMS) and the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME). Dr. Machan is one of only a few Mohs micrographic surgeons in the Las Vegas area who has membership in the American College of Mohs Surgery.
As an ACMS and ACGME fellowship trained Mohs surgeon, Dr. Machan is able to provide the highest quality care in treating skin cancers of all types. He takes pride in staying at the leading edge of technology and treatment options in order to provide excellent care for his patients.
Dr. Machan has authored scientific articles on Mohs surgery, dermatopathology, and cutaneous oncology and has been a speaker/presenter at local and national meetings.
- Diplomate, American Board of Dermatology
- Fellow, American Academy of Dermatology
- Fellow, American Society for Dermatologic Surgery
- Associate member, American College of Mohs Surgery
- Member, American Medical Association
- Doctor of Medicine, Alpha Omega Alpha, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, UT, 2005-2009
- BS in Chemistry, Graduated with Honors, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT, 2001-2004
RESIDENCY AND FELLOWSHIP TRAINING
- Procedural Dermatology Fellowship: Zitelli and Brodland Skin Cancer Center, Pittsburgh, PA, 2013-2014
- Dermatology Residency, Chief Resident: University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, KS 2010-2013
- Transitional Program (Internship): Sacred Heart Medical Center, Kansas City, KS 2009-2010
Dr. Machan Also Serves as An Educator and Leader in The Medical Community
- Active Member of the Las Vegas Dermatology Society
- Adjunct Faculty, Department of Plastic Surgery, University of Nevada-Las Vegas: Mentors Plastic Surgery Residents Who Rotate Through the Office
- Faculty, Southern Hills Family Medicine Residency Program
- Serves as Peer Reviewer for Prominent Academic Medical Journals
- 15+ Publications in Peer-Reviewed Academic Journals
Outside the office, He is a husband and father of two sons and three daughters. They enjoy most outdoor activities, especially swimming, hiking, and biking. They get most of his free time and attention, but his wife is certain that he continues to reserve too many hours for golf courses, fly fishing streams and ESPN.