Outside the office, He is a husband and father of two sons and three daughters. They enjoy most outdoor activities, especially swimming, hiking, and biking. They get most of his free time and attention, but his wife is certain that he continues to reserve too many hours for golf courses, fly fishing streams and ESPN.
MAC MACHAN, MD
ABOUT DR. MACHAN
Dr. Machan has specialized training in Mohs micrographic surgery, facial plastic and reconstructive surgery, and cutaneous oncology. He completed a fellowship in Mohs Surgery and Procedural Dermatology at one of the nation’s most prestigious fellowships certified by both the American College of Mohs Surgery (ACMS) and the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME). Dr. Machan is one of only a few Mohs micrographic surgeons in the Las Vegas area who has membership in the American College of Mohs Surgery.
As an ACMS and ACGME fellowship trained Mohs surgeon, Dr. Machan is able to provide the highest quality care in treating skin cancers of all types. He takes pride in staying at the leading edge of technology and treatment options in order to provide excellent care for his patients.
Dr. Machan has authored scientific articles on Mohs surgery, dermatopathology, and cutaneous oncology and has been a speaker/presenter at local and national meetings.
- Diplomate, American Board of Dermatology
- Fellow, American Academy of Dermatology
- Fellow, American Society for Dermatologic Surgery
- Associate member, American College of Mohs Surgery
- Member, American Medical Association
- Doctor of Medicine, Alpha Omega Alpha, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, UT, 2005-2009
- BS in Chemistry, Graduated with Honors, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT, 2001-2004
RESIDENCY AND FELLOWSHIP TRAINING
- Procedural Dermatology Fellowship: Zitelli and Brodland Skin Cancer Center, Pittsburgh, PA, 2013-2014
- Dermatology Residency, Chief Resident: University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, KS 2010-2013
- Transitional Program (Internship): Sacred Heart Medical Center, Kansas City, KS 2009-2010
Dr. Machan Also Serves as An Educator and Leader in The Medical Community
- Active Member of the Las Vegas Dermatology Society
- Adjunct Faculty, Department of Plastic Surgery, University of Nevada-Las Vegas: Mentors Plastic Surgery Residents Who Rotate Through the Office
- Faculty, Southern Hills Family Medicine Residency Program
- Serves as Peer Reviewer for Prominent Academic Medical Journals
- 15+ Publications in Peer-Reviewed Academic Journals