DOUGLAS FIFE, MD
Full time Sunset Location with 1 day a month in Henderson for surgery only
I highly recommend Vivida Dermatology for all your dermatology needs. His staff is very professional and Dr. Fife is absolutely amazing. He truly cared about me as a patient.
I have had several Moys procedures with Dr Fife and his colleagues. They are professional and compassionate. I would recommend this practice for anyone needed outstanding care.
Great staff, Great Service, Dr. Fife is awesome! Dr. Hawkes is awesome! Usually on time but worth the wait if they are ever running behind. The PA’s and other staff in the procedures are also very nice and they know exactly what they are doing and they do it well! Today was my 4th mohs surgery in about 10 years… All with Dr. Fife. I wouldn’t go anywhere else.
Great service. Dr. Fife is an amazing surgeon. His staff is efficient, professional and effective.
It’s always a pleasure to go in be greeted with a smile, then taken care of by the friendly helpful staff. Dr.Fife always has on a smile and has the knowledge to diagnose the problem and has a remedy to fix it. Excellent place to take care of all your skin needs.
Dr Fife is very caring and patient. He is extremely professional and extremely talented. The staff and office are equally professional. You are certain to feel very confident and comfortable.
Dr Fife and his team are very detail oriented, they explained what they were doing every step of way while I was undergoing surgery to remove basal cell carcinoma from my nose. Thank you to everyone at Vivida Dermatology for everything they done.
ABOUT DR. FIFE
Douglas Fife, MD, Founder and President of Vivida Dermatology, is a board-certified Dermatologist and fellowship-trained Mohs surgeon who is passionate about providing excellent, compassionate care to all patients. He enjoys seeing patients every day, getting to know them, and helping them through difficult issues they have with their skin.
Dr. Fife has specialized training in Mohs micrographic surgery, reconstruction, acne scarring therapy, and laser medicine. His training includes Dermatology Residency at the University of California Irvine and a fellowship in Mohs Micrographic Surgery and Procedural Dermatology at Northwestern University Hospital in Chicago, IL. He is one of only a few Mohs micrographic surgeons in the Las Vegas area who are members of the American College of Mohs Surgery (ACMS). All members of the ACMS were required to complete a one-year fellowship in Mohs micrographic surgery after Dermatology Residency, in which they received intensive training in surgical removal and reconstruction of difficult skin cancers on the face.
One of Dr. Fife’s greatest sources of satisfaction is that the team of providers and staff at Vivida Dermatology are all committed to work together to create an unparalleled experience for each patient. The team at Vivida really cares about people and cares about each other.
In addition to skin cancer surgery, Dr. Fife’s interests also include acne scarring therapy and laser medicine. During his residency and fellowship training he studied under two giants in the field of Laser medicine and cosmetic dermatology, Drs. Christopher Zachary and Murad Alam. Dr. Fife has performed studies, given lectures, and written publications on various acne scarring and laser topics. For more details about Dr. Fife, please see his CV.
- Diplomate, American Board of Dermatology
- Fellow, American Academy of Dermatology
- Fellow, American Society for Dermatologic Surgery
- Fellow, American College of Mohs Surgery
- Doctor of Medicine, University of California Irvine School of Medicine, 2000-2004
- BS in Zoology, Brigham Young University, Provo, UT
- Graduated Cum Laude in 2000
RESIDENCY AND FELLOWSHIP TRAINING
- Procedural Dermatology / Mohs micrographic Surgery Fellowship: Northwestern University, Chicago, IL July 2008-June 2009. (Fellowship Program Director: Murad Alam, M.D.)
- Dermatology Residency: University of California Irvine, Orange, CA 2005-2008 (Laser and Cosmetic Dermatology Rotation Director: Christopher Zachary, MBBS, FRCP)
- ASDS Preceptorship Program in Mohs Micrographic Surgery: UT Southwestern Skin Surgery and Oncology Clinic, Dallas TX June 2007. (Preceptor: Stan Taylor, M.D.)
Dr. Fife Also Serves as An Educator and Leader in The Medical Community
- President of the Las Vegas Dermatology Society from 2010 until present
- Adjunct Faculty, Department of Plastic Surgery, University of Nevada, accepting Plastic Surgery residents who rotate through the office
- Faculty of the Southern Hills Family Practice Residency Program
- Serves as peer reviewer for multiple prominent academic medical journals
- Authored 19 publications in peer-reviewed academic journals
- Authored 4 book chapters
- Has given over 20 lectures at national and international academic conferences
In addition to leading Vivida Dermatology and providing patient care, Dr. Fife remains committed to his family. He has a wonderful wife who was key in helping build Vivida Dermatology and make it what it is today. He loves spending time with his three children, supporting them in their activities and spending time with them swimming and mountain biking in the summer and snowboarding and skiing in the winter. He is active in his church and also loves golfing, flyfishing, and surfing whenever he can get away!