Joyce Yuan, MD
About Dr. Yuan
Dr. Yuan is a specialist in Mohs surgery, reconstructive surgery, and cosmetic dermatology. She graduated from University of California, Berkeley with Highest Distinction (summa cum laude), with a major in Molecular and Cell Biology and a minor in Japanese. She earned her medical degree from UCLA David Geffen School of Medicine, and then completed three years of plastic surgery residency at University of Kansas. While enjoying many aspects of plastic surgery, she discovered her interest in dermatology and treatment of skin cancers. Changing her specialty to dermatology, she completed a Dermatology Clinical Research Fellowship at University of California San Francisco, and then dermatology residency at University of California San Diego. She completed Mohs surgery and procedural dermatology fellowship at University of California San Francisco. A member of the American College of Mohs Surgery, she is one of only a few Mohs surgeons in the Las Vegas valley with her level of specialized Mohs surgery and reconstructive surgery training. She is excited to use her exceptional surgical training and experience to provide optimal outcomes for Mohs surgery and dermatology patients.
Dr. Yuan is an accomplished researcher. She has led multiple clinical trials, with research focuses on skin cancer in high-risk populations and on cosmetic dermatology. Dr. Yuan has given many talks at local and national dermatology and plastic surgery conferences, and her numerous research articles have been published in prestigious medical journals. As a clinician, Dr. Yuan continues to research the medical literature to ensure the most up-to-date management for her patients.
Dr. Yuan offers Mohs surgery and reconstruction, general dermatology for adults and children, and cosmetic dermatology.
She is fluent in Mandarin Chinese, Cantonese Chinese, and Japanese.
- Diplomate, American Board of Dermatology
- Fellow, American Academy of Dermatology
- Fellow, American Society for Dermatologic Surgery
- Associate Member, American College of Mohs Surgery
- Doctor of Medicine, UCLA David Geffen School of Medicine, 2008-2013, with one year of dedicated plastic surgery research
- BA in Molecular and Cell Biology, with Highest Honors and Japanese minor; University of California, Berkeley. Graduated with Highest Distinction (summa cum laude), 2003-2007.
RESIDENCY AND FELLOWSHIP TRAINING
- Mohs Surgery and Procedural Dermatology Fellowship: University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, 2020-2021
- Dermatology Residency: University of California San Diego, San Diego, CA, 2017-2020
- Dermatology Clinical Research Fellowship: University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, 2016-2017
- Plastic Surgery Residency (PGY 1-3): University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, KS, 2013-2016