KARA PRETZLAFF, MD
In college, her mission statement reminded her to be “men and women for others”. She tries to implement this into her daily practice and enjoys getting to know her patients beyond whatever skin problems they are dealing with. She loves helping patients of all ages regain confidence with problems ranging from psoriasis to acne to eczema to skin cancer, in addition to more complex dermatologic conditions like autoimmune bullous disorders and dermatomyositis.
Dr. Pretzlaff understands that issues with your skin, hair, or nails can be difficult when it is the first thing that everyone else sees, and empathizes with the goal to get things back to normal. She remains a member of the American Academy of Dermatology and looks forward to remaining connected with the rest of dermatology community to ensure access to the most up to date care for all of my patients.
Now that she is here with her husband and adorable mutt, Heidi, when not in the office her family is out exploring all of the hiking, camping, and outdoor adventures that Vegas has to offer!
- Diplomate, American Board of Dermatology
- Fellow, American Academy of Dermatology
- Doctor of Medicine, University of Texas Southwestern Medical School, Dallas, TX, 2011-2015
- BA in Biology, Summa Cum Laude, St. Louis University, St. Louis, MO, 2007-2011
RESIDENCY AND FELLOWSHIP TRAINING
- Dermatology Residency: University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX, 2016-2019
- Internship in Internal Medicine: Baylor University Medical Center, Dallas, TX, 2015-2016