JASON MICHAELS, MD, FAAD
Dr. Michaels is a general dermatologist, providing skin cancer screening, mole checks, acne and rash management, and performance of surgical procedures to remove skin cancers.
Dr. Michaels has special interest in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of skin cancer. He has published his research is several major medical journals including the highly prestigious and respected journal Nature Genetics. During his training at the Mayo Clinic he completed additional specialized training in dermoscopy, a tool that helps dermatologists to detect the earliest stages of skin cancer.
Above all, Dr. Michaels strives to provide the highest quality care to his patients. Recognizing the critical importance of healthy skin, his practice philosophy is to help his patients achieve the best outcomes and to fully understand and participate in their treatment plan.
Outside of the dermatology office, Dr. Michaels enjoys spending time with his wonderful wife Megan and their beloved tabby cat RC. He enjoys reading, hiking and camping.
- Diplomate, American Board of Dermatology
- Fellow, American Academy of Dermatology
- Doctor of Medicine: University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, UT, August 1998-May 2002
- Bachelor of Science in Applied Physics: Brigham Young University, Provo, UT, August 1993-April 1996
- Undergraduate Studies: University of California, San Diego, San Diego, CA, September 1992-June 1993
RESIDENCY AND FELLOWSHIP TRAINING
- Dermatology Residency: Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center, Lebanon, NH, July 2004-June 2007 (Chief Resident 2006-2007)
- Internal Medicine Internship: University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, UT, July 2003-June 2004
- Research Fellowship: Postdoctoral Fellow, Multidisciplinary Cancer Research Training Program (MCRTP), Tom C. Mathews Familial Melanoma Research Clinic, Huntsman Cancer Institute, Salt Lake City, UT, July 2002-June 2003
- Dermatologist, Southern Utah Plastic Surgery and Dermatology, St. George UT, February 2009-February 2018
- Dermatologist, Dixie Dermatology, St. George, UT, September 2008-January 2009
- Dermatologist, Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center, Lebanon, NH, July 2007-June 2008