Co-Founder and President of Vivida, is a board-certified Dermatologist and fellowship-trained Mohs surgeon who is passionate about providing excellent, compassionate care to all patients.
- Diplomate, American Board of Dermatology
- Fellow, American Academy of Dermatology
- Fellow, American Society for Dermatologic Surgery
- Fellow, American College of Mohs Surgery
RESIDENCY AND FELLOWSHIP TRAINING
- Procedural Dermatology / Mohs micrographic Surgery Fellowship:
Northwestern University, Chicago, IL July 2008-June 2009.
Fellowship Program Director: Murad Alam, M.D.
- Dermatology Residency: University of California Irvine, Orange, CA 2005-2008
- Laser and Cosmetic Dermatology Rotation Director: Christopher Zachary, MBBS, FRCP
- ASDS Preceptorship Program in Mohs micrographic surgery:
UT Southwestern Skin Surgery and Oncology Clinic, Dallas TX June 2007. Preceptor: Stan Taylor, M.D.
- Doctor of Medicine, University of California Irvine School of Medicine, 2000-2004
- BS in Zoology, Brigham Young University, Provo, UT
Graduated Cum Laude in 2000
“Thank you for allowing us to care for you! We look forward to providing you the highest quality treatment and making your experience at our office the best it can be.”
— Douglas Fife, MD
Douglas Fife, MD, Founder and President of Vivida Dermatology, is a board-certified Dermatologist and fellowship-trained Mohs surgeon who is passionate about providing excellent, compassionate care to all patients. He enjoys seeing patients every day, getting to know them, and helping them through difficult issues they have with their skin.
Dr. Fife has specialized training in Mohs micrographic surgery, reconstruction, acne scarring therapy, and laser medicine. His training includes Dermatology Residency at the University of California Irvine and a fellowship in Mohs Micrographic Surgery and Procedural Dermatology at Northwestern University Hospital in Chicago, IL. He is one of only a few Mohs micrographic surgeons in the Las Vegas area who are members of the American College of Mohs Surgery (ACMS). All members of the ACMS were required to complete a one-year fellowship in Mohs micrographic surgery after Dermatology Residency, in which they received intensive training in surgical removal and reconstruction of difficult skin cancers on the face.
Dr. Fife’s goal is to provide the most comfortable, highest-quality care to you while treating your skin cancer or other skin problem. The son of a Central California physician who spent his entire career teaching medical residents and providing compassionate care to each patient, Dr. Fife prides himself in staying at the cutting edge of current technology and treatments in dermatologic surgery.
One of Dr. Fife’s greatest sources of satisfaction is that the team of providers and staff at Vivida Dermatology are all committed to work together to create an unparalleled experience for each patient. The team at Vivida really cares about people and cares about each other.
In addition to skin cancer surgery, Dr. Fife’s interests also include acne scarring therapy and laser medicine. During his residency and fellowship training he studied under two giants in the field of Laser medicine and cosmetic dermatology, Drs. Christopher Zachary and Murad Alam. Dr. Fife has performed studies, given lectures, and written publications on various acne scarring and laser topics. For more details about Dr. Fife, please see his CV.
Dr. Fife also serves as an educator and leader in the medical community in the following ways:
- President of the Las Vegas Dermatology Society from 2010 until present
- Adjunct Faculty, Department of Plastic Surgery, University of Nevada, accepting Plastic Surgery residents who rotate through the office
- Faculty of the Southern Hills Family Practice Residency Program
- Serves as peer reviewer for multiple prominent academic medical journals
- Authored 19 publications in peer-reviewed academic journals
- Authored 4 book chapters
- Has given over 20 lectures at national and international academic conferences
In addition to leading Vivida Dermatology and providing patient care, Dr. Fife remains committed to his family. He has a wonderful wife who was key in helping build Vivida Dermatology and make it what it is today. He loves spending time with his three children, supporting them in their activities and spending time with them swimming and mountain biking in the summer and snowboarding and skiing in the winter. He is active in his church, and also loves golfing, flyfishing, and surfing whenever he can get away!